Great Places to Visit Near Coolangatta
Coolangatta is full of beautiful beaches, amazing surfing breaks, world class hotels and tempting restaurants. Whether you choose to visit Coolangatta for the day or whether you are spending an extended period here on holiday, there’s plenty to do.
So once you’ve explored all Coolangatta has to offer where should you head next?
Here’s a list of 5 great places you should visit near Coolangatta.
- Currumbin Rock Pools. The rock pools at Currumbin are a great drive through the Currumbin Valley. Winding roads take you past dairies, farms and nurseries. Olsen’s Bird Gardens are also located in the valley and could be a fun way to spend a couple of hours. The rock pools themselves are a nice cool place to spend a hot sunny day. You can bushwalk and picnic to your heart’s content. Be sure to keep an eye out for the many seasonal stalls on the side of the road. You can purchase fresh fruit and veg and sometimes even jams made by local farmers.
- Theme Parks. There are several theme parks to choose from on the Gold Coast. Sea World, Movie World, Wet ‘n Wild, Dreamworld and Whitewater World are the big ones. These parks will give you a complete day out with your friends or family for one all inclusive price. At certain times of the year you can purchase a pass that allows multiple visits. Some of these will even allow you to visit more than one theme park. Check before you go whether you are allowed to take your own food and drinks into the parks. Some will allow it but others will not. Taking your own food will save you a heap of money – you’ve been warned!
- Currumbin Sanctuary. For something a little bit closer to Coolangatta, a day trip to the Currumbin Sanctuary can be really fun, especially for those wanting to see Australian Native Animals up close and personal! Kangaroos, koalas and all the other animals you expect to see are all in residence at the sanctuary. You can learn a lot at the sanctuary about the habits of these animals too – a great idea if you want kids to learn something as well as have a great day.
- Surfers Paradise Attractions. Surfers Paradise is about a 35 minute drive from Coolangatta and has lots of things to do in a small area. Ripley’s Believe It Or Not has a new home in Surfers and can be a fun and weird outing! Infinity is another amazing adventure with a 30 minute light and sound show to blow your mind. Check ages allowed inside if you are visiting with small children. As well as these great attractions you also have CSI: The Experience, Jet Flight Simulator and the Wheel of Surfers Paradise. Surfers Paradise has so many things to do you may well be able to spend more than one day here.
- Explore the Tweed. If you have a car or can hire one, consider driving south through the Tweed area for a bit of exploring. You will find cute little towns, old mills and nice beaches. Exploring the towns of Kingscliff and Cabarita will allow you to see some of the best scenery Northern NSW has to offer. Why not stop for lunch in one of these towns too – there’s nothing better than fish and chips eaten in the park!
These are just 5 places you may wish to visit near Coolangatta but don’t stop at this list. There are just so many things to do here that one short post could not possibly cover them all. Explore on your own and you’re likely to find a place that will be the highlight of your visit!